Re: session.* files (was: In defense of Customize)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: session.* files (was: In defense of Customize)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:52:47 +0100

Am 14.01.2014 um 20:32 schrieb gottlieb@nyu.edu:

> How can I have all the session.* files written to a different
> directory, say ~/.emacs.d/session-files

      (require 'session)
      (add-hook 'after-init-hook 'session-initialize)
        (setq session-save-file-coding-system 'utf-8-unix))
      (setq session-save-file (format "%s/Psession-%s" desktop-dirname
window-system))

I put my versions into ~/.emacs.d/Sicherungen:

(setq make-backup-files         t ;backup my files
      backup-by-copying         t ;don't clobber symlinks
      delete-old-versions       t
      kept-new-versions         6
      kept-old-versions         2
      version-control           t ;use versioned backups
      vc-make-backup-files      t ;make backups for cvs projects
      vc-follow-symlinks        t)
(setq backup-directory-alist `(("." ,@(concat user-emacs-directory
"Sicherungen"))))

--
Greetings

  Pete

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.