colorization of mode contents

From: Haines Brown
Subject: colorization of mode contents
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:43:56 -0500

In LaTeX/PS mode, the \cite{key} command displays key values in green in
the raw .tex file. This makes it easy to spot the command in a block of
text.

Unfortunately, I'm using a cite command peculiar to the achicago style,
which is \citeNP{key}. Key values are no longer colored, but I would like
them to be.

I get the impression highlighting of command is done with emacs' M-x
font-lock-mode RET. But AUCTeX apparently imposes its own scheme
activated by tex-font-setup. I don't know whether I need somehow to
configure AUCTeX or emacs.

Since "citeNP" is unlikely to appear in other contexts, could I use a
setq statement in .emacs to highight it as a verbatim? Do I use the
LaTeX-verbatim-environments variable? I'm lost at this point.

Haines Brown