Re: Different emacs arrangements in one session

From: N. Jackson
Subject: Re: Different emacs arrangements in one session
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:11:30 -0400

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I guess Frames does *kind of* what I want it to do, I was just
> using it incorrectly.
>
> They're not as disjoint as I'd like, i.e., in one frame, I can access
> the files in another.

I'm no expert on Emacs and it's not clear (to me) exactly what behaviour
you're looking for, but I understand you to be saying that you want to
have the buffers visible from one frame be different from the buffers
visible from another frame.

You can do this simply by running seperate instances of Emacs.

Or, if you are using Emacs server, I believe you can run mulitple
servers by giving them different names.

For details see:

M-: (info "(emacs) Emacs Server")

N.