Re: v24.3.1: set-terminal-coding-system is not working when connecting t

From: varun
Subject: Re: v24.3.1: set-terminal-coding-system is not working when connecting to the server through a new frame
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 00:30:10 -0500

Stefan,

I have struggled this for hours upon end for many days and over a period of
weeks, finally settling for v23.1.1 and then using a function bound to C-c
q in v24.3.1 to set the terminal encoding within emacs after the frame was
open.

The solution you have provided is extremely simple and elegant, got rid of
many lines of code in the init.el file and finally some peace of mind.

I can't thank you enough for helping me out with this.

Thanks a ton!