How to scroll images in Emacs?

From: N. Jackson
Subject: How to scroll images in Emacs?
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:49:58 -0400

I'm not used to having images in Emacs, and I'm having difficulty
understanding their scrolling behaviour.

I can't seem to scroll them horizontally at all, and when I scroll them
vertically, as soon as the top edge of the image hits the top of the
window, the whole image jumps up completely out of view. This makes it
very hard to veiw the bottom portion of an image, although sometimes I
can sneak up on it from below. Often, however, the window then scrolls
back up to the top of the image.

I have scroll-conservatively set to 0. I tried it at 1 and at 101 but
that either didn't seem to help, or made matters worse.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
N.

Using GNU Emacs 24.3.50 of 2014-02-10.