Re: Hang with markdown-mode

From: news
Subject: Re: Hang with markdown-mode
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 22:56:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:44:50 AM UTC+11, daniel...@gmail.com wrote:

> [...]
>

> Hello Leo,
>

> Did you have any luck in solving this issue. I am having a nearly identical
> problem (Emacs 24.3.1 & Markdown 2.0) and have yet to find a solution.
>

> Thanks,
>
>   Daniel

Hi Daniel

Yes, recently I have solved the problem by unbinding
`markdown-fontify-buffer-wiki-links`:

    (defun leo-markdown-fontify-buffer-wiki-links-empty ()
      "Empty replacement for `markdown-fontify-buffer-wiki-links` due to
hanging bug."
      (interactive))

    (eval-after-load "markdown-mode"
        '(progn
           (fset 'markdown-fontify-buffer-wiki-links
                 'leo-markdown-fontify-buffer-wiki-links-empty)))

But this is of course only a crutch...

HTH, Leo