Re: Frame numbering

From: Javier
Subject: Re: Frame numbering
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:18:00 +0000 (UTC)

I navigate frames like in screen, but don't access them by number.
I just press Shit+Left/Right arrow to move between them.

;; navigate frames with Shift + arrows
(defun other-frame-dec () "" (interactive) (other-frame '+1))
(defun other-frame-inc () "" (interactive) (other-frame '-1))
(global-set-key [S-left] 'other-frame-dec)
(global-set-key [S-right] 'other-frame-inc)

;;Some usefuld keybindings for dealing with frames:
(global-set-key [f4] 'delete-frame)  ;originally bound to call-kbd-macro (also
accessible with C-x e)
(global-set-key [C-f4] 'delete-frame)
; Kill frames instead of hiding them by pressing q (completition buffers, ...)
(setq frame-auto-hide-function 'delete-frame)