Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:07:23 +0200

> I may very well end up using emacs for dozens of
> different functions without ever using it for email
> or usenet.

Yes, but why?

> You're really telling newbies they have to start
> straight off using emacs for everything it's capable
> of doing before they've learned anything about the
> environment itself via their own approach?

I'm not telling anyone they *have* to do anything, I'm
telling them it *makes sense*.

Do simple, routine stuff first, then gradually refine,
gradually advance. It is a general method that works in
all walks of life, for all types of activity.

Wax on, wax off. Take on the grandmaster day one, you
get killed!

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573