ediff pause after finishing session

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: ediff pause after finishing session
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:47:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

When I use ediff to merge conflicts between two files, I will finish the
session by typing 'q' and then 'y' to confirm that I am finished.

But then there is a 3 second wait before asking for confirmation to save the
buffer (which in itself is superfluous at this stage).

The pause is frustrating (especially when I have lots of trivial file merges to
make).

Does anybody have any experience in skipping the pause? (or at least explain
why it happens and why it cannot be disabled).

Best regards,
Sam