RE: but you don\u2019t know if you don\u2019t ask

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: but you don\u2019t know if you don\u2019t ask
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 16:15:18 -0700 (PDT)

> you don't know if you don't ask.
> appears as - you don\u2019t know if you don\u2019t ask

Someone who knows more about this than I will correct me, but
I'd guess that you need to try another font, which will display
that Unicode char.

(When you say "it starts out as", I assume you mean that the
curly apostrophe char appears OK in the place where you copied
it from, and not that it appears ephemerally OK in the Emacs
buffer where you pasted it but then changes to \u2019.)