Menu in no window

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Menu in no window
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:37:43 +0200

Hi,

I always run emacs in no window mode.  To save screen space, I also turn
off the menu bar.  Sometimes however, I like to use the menu when I'm in
an unfamiliar mode.  In such cases, I use F10 to get the tmm-menubar.
I'm not really a fan of the interface.  Yesterday I found there is a
nice menu (maybe based on overlays).

Sadly this only works with menu-bar-mode on.  When running Emacs with a
gui, I can access menus even with the menu bar off by middle clicking in
the buffer, I was wondering if something similar is possible in no
window mode.

Thanks for any ideas.

Cheers,

--