Re: maximising window?

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: maximising window?
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 17:20:41 -0700

Hi James,

James Freer <jessejazza3.uk@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing I want to enter in the .emacs is the equivalent of alt+f10.
> Maximise 'window' isn't quite the same from what I've read this
> evening... in emacs they're frames. Vary depending on Mac, linux or
> windows - I'm using Linux Xubuntu on a CRT monitor.

[snip]

> I don't think I am on the right lines somehow... so ?

I think you're looking for `toggle-frame-maximized' or
`toggle-frame-fullscreen'. You could put one on Alt-F10 with something
like this:

    (global-set-key (kbd "<M-f10>") 'toggle-frame-fullscreen)

Of if you want Emacs to automatically go full screen when you open it,
perhaps something like this:

    (add-hook 'after-init-hook 'toggle-frame-fullscreen)

Best,

John