emacs24-nox - tool bar

From: James Freer
Subject: emacs24-nox - tool bar
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:15:11 +0100 (BST)

I thought I'd try the nox version and found that the tool bar didn't disappear with the following statement which i'd used in the gui/-nw version.
(tool-bar-mode -1)

Is there a reason for this... or is one better to stick with the gui version? having only just started using emacs I have found the console more to my liking and it does appear to be quicker.

thanks
james