Re: how to handle rtf

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: how to handle rtf
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:28:54 +0200

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

>> No, I need to read, modify eand write .rtf
>
> Why not use the right tool for the job? libreoffice
> --writer for example?

To be an Emacs user, Rusi sure have an odd taste in
software.

The OP wants to use Emacs. My advice is to take the
document you (the OP) currently have, convert it to
plain text, use Emacs to edit it, and from then on,
don't use the .rtf format. Keep it text (best) or do
LaTeX if you have advanced stuff to tell. Do HTML/CSS
if you want to go web. Etc.

No Emacs user should abandon Emacs for a Word mockoff,
and for such a lame reason (the format) at that! If
anyone does that, he should be excommunicated for 8
years. (If you think that was a silly joke, that is
exactly what happens if you defect from Cuba: just
imagine.)

--
underground experts united