using icicle to complete evil ex arguments?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: using icicle to complete evil ex arguments?
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 12:14:36 +0100

Hello,

Is it possible to use icicle to complete evil ex arguments? Concretely,
assuming you have evil installed, if you type (to switch buffer)

:b<space><tab>

you get the usual completion list from emacs. Could it be possible to
use icicle to complete this buffer argument?

I took a quick look at the code, and currently <tab> in the minibuffer
is bound to this function:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun evil-ex-completion ()
  "Completes the current ex command or argument."
  (interactive)
  (let (after-change-functions)
    (evil-ex-update)
    (completion-at-point)
    (remove-text-properties (minibuffer-prompt-end) (point-max) '(face nil
evil))))
#end_src

If I understand the `evil-ex-update' function, it parses the current
command line in the minibuffer to set up things such that completion at
point knows what kind of completion to do.

I don't really know where to go from here …

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7