Need help about octave integration on emacs 24.3

From: Li Shuai
Subject: Need help about octave integration on emacs 24.3
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:22:55 +0800

Dear members:

I was trying to run run-octave to activate octave in emacs. However, the
command stuck and octave process seems not get started well. I tried to
debug the code and had found it stuck at this line 200 ofoctave-inf.el:

    (while inferior-octave-receive-in-progress
      (accept-process-output inferior-octave-process))

My platform is Ubuntu 14.04. Emacs version is 24.3. I used the program in
the source of ubuntu, did not compile myself. Octave version is 3.8.1, also
from source of ubuntu, did not compile myself. Octave works fine.

Since octave mode has been built in, there is no configure relevant to the
question, I guess, so I does not post my configure for octave.

Has anyone met the same problem? Any suggestions to fix it?

Shuai

Best