Re: (require ...) and file dependencies.

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: (require ...) and file dependencies.
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 16:30:37 +0200

On 2014-12-28, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> They may fixed by:
>>
>>   (eval-when-compile
>>     (defvar ...))
>
> No, it's fixed with
>
>     (defvar <foo>)
>
> Siuch (defvar <foo>) declarations (i.e. without an initial value) are
> annotations for the *compiler*, so you don't want to pas them to the
> `eval'uator (hence you don't want to wrap them in `eval-when-compile').
> The fact that they also work when wrapped in `eval-when-compile' is an
> accident which might get fixed at any point.

I check if (defvar <foo>) pollute `load-history` and it is not!

So any can safely load libraries with fake `(defvar <foo>)` and then load
original library and `<foo>` will refer to place where value or/and doc-string
provided!

Seems that docs have no any direct words about defvar and load-history.

--
Best regards!