Re: AUCTeX PDF2DSC error on preview

From: benwr
Subject: Re: AUCTeX PDF2DSC error on preview
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 07:45:29 -0800 (PST)

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 2:17:27 AM UTC-5, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Ah, great, now I see where the error happens.  The reason seems to be
> that `preview-gs-command' is nil.  If you didn't set that explicitly,
> then it seems there is neither "rungs", "mgs", "GSWIN32C.exe", nor "gs"
> on your PATH.
>
> Don't you have GhostScript installed?  That's required by preview.

First of all, thank you so much for the help! That fixed it!

Second, if preview-gs-command is supposed to be automatically populated from
the PATH, something seems to have gone wrong there. I do have ghostscript
installed, and gs is in a directory (/usr/local/bin on OS X) that's definitely
in my PATH in emacs (which I set as the very first thing in init.el). Weird.