Re: [OT] Re: Easy/Possible to globally change prompt strings of messages

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Easy/Possible to globally change prompt strings of messages? e.g. changing find-file's prompt string from "Find file:" to "open file:" ?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:57:30 -0500

>> ,----
>> |  (defun my-find-file-around-ad (origfun &rest args)
>> |    (interactive
>> |     (find-file-read-args "Open file: "
>> |                          (confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer)))
>> |    (apply origfun args))
>> |  (advice-add 'find-file :around #'my-find-file-around-ad)
>> `----
>>
>> The section of the previous post, boxed in above, appears in my gnus reader
>> as medium green background. So, set off from the rest of the post by a
>> completely different background color. I've seen this a number of times
>> and would like to know how it is done?
>
> Library boxquote.el:
> http://www.davep.org/emacs/#boxquote.el

Sorry for my lack of clarity, the boxquote is my doing... what I'm
attempting to ask about is how that author colors the background green
for the portion I have boxquoted above.

That is:  In post Message-ID: <87h9v8bqxh.fsf@web.de> (on gmane.emacs.help),
Michael Heerdegen has somehow caused the bit below to appears with
medium green background.

  (defun my-find-file-around-ad (origfun &rest args)
    (interactive
     (find-file-read-args "Open file: "
                          (confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer)))
    (apply origfun args))

  (advice-add 'find-file :around #'my-find-file-around-ad)

I'd like to know how that is done.

boxquote.el does not appear to offer anything related to color.  At
least the word `color' or `background' do not appear in it.