Re: Changing color of transient mark

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: Changing color of transient mark
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:08:09 -0500

>> > See the function `set-face-attribute'.
>>
>> Because all my emacs sessions have the -q option and use their own init
>> files, I'm unable to save the highlight background color.
>>
>> What lisp code would define the background within init files?
>
> I already answered that:  `M-x customize-face region' and save your
> changes.
>
> That inserts the necessary Lisp code in your init file, or (better) if
> you have defined `custom-file' then into your `custom-file'.
>
> If you try it then you will see what Lisp code to use. ;-)

Thanks. I apparenly had not saved customization or missed the relevant
lines in the resulting init file. Things now working in an emacs session
not using that init file and with the following stanza:

(custom-set-faces
  '(default ((t (:family "Courier 10 Pitch" :foundry "bitstream" \
            :slant normal :weight normal :height 122 :width normal))))
  '(highlight ((t (:background "wheat"))))
  '(region ((t (:background "wheat" :distant-foreground \
           "gtk_selection_fg_color"))))
)