Re: Emms: how to display the current track?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Emms: how to display the current track?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:20:10 +0100

On 2015-02-16, at 04:00, Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:

> Emms has an info manual.  It describes things like this.

Ooh, thank you.  And there's the source code.  I have no idea why this
list exists in the first place.

And to stop being a jerk, let me mention that I read the manual two or
three times, and somehow missed that.  I did what is usually advised -
"ask the system" - grepping (actually, icicling;-)) the emms-* functions
(as I said in the first email).

OTOH, I find the manual for Emms... strangely organized.  It's not
/bad/, but it's strange.  There are more than one section devoted (at
least partially) to installation: "installation", "simple setup",
"configuration" and "quickstart guide".  It doesn't explain exactly what
the "browser" is and how it relates to the playlist visible after M-x
emms.  The "detailed node listing" is /not/ an extension of the "menu",
as is customary in info manuals.  So - while technically you are right -
the manual is imho not exactly /that/ friendly, and it's rather easy to
get lost in it.

> BR,
> Robert Thorpe

Best,