Re: --script and --quick

From: saint
Subject: Re: --script and --quick
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 14:02:17 +0200

Michael Heerdegen writes:
 > "Gian Uberto Lauri" <saint@eng.it> writes:
 >
 > > ---------------------------------8<----------------------
 > > #!/bin/bash
 > >
 > > emacs --quick --script $@
 > > ---------------------------------8<----------------------
 >
 > And put the code into a different file?

*This* is the interpreter (a wrapper for Emacs). Use it for all your
 scripts.

-------------------------8<--------------------------
#!/home/saint/bin/esh
(find-file "paperoga")
(insert (concat "hello" "world"))
(save-buffer)

This is a script .

BTW, I often use emacsclient --eval to invoke functions in a running
and is faster, but could block the foreground Emacs for a while.

My favourite strategy is a little shell script that targets the files
and processes them within Emacs.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO