Re: change buffer in other frame, multiple monitors

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: change buffer in other frame, multiple monitors
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 07:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

I'm starting to think that `C-x 5` commands are not really intended to reuse
the other frame (despite their name). From the docs
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Creating-Frames.html

> If an existing visible or iconified ("minimized") frame already displays the
> requested buffer, that frame is raised and deiconified ("un-minimized");
> otherwise, a new frame is created on the current display terminal.

e.g. starting emacs24 (debian jessie) with -Q and type

  C-x 5 2 ;; new frame
  C-x 5 b ;; *Messages*

a THIRD frame is opened. I had expected the other frame to be reused.

Is there any way to get the `C-x 5` commands to reuse the other frame instead
of creating a new one or am I going to have to rewrite my own functions that
first call `other-frame`?