Re: Seeking advice on writing a "line-based" major mode

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Seeking advice on writing a "line-based" major mode
Date: 8 Jun 2015 00:09:13 GMT

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> And maybe there is even a more general library to establish
> a correspondence between some vector/list of objects and a buffer whose
> lines contain some textual representation of these objects, so that
> I wouldn't have to code e.g. the displaying routine from scratch?

I'm currently looking at tabulated-list-mode for something similar (or
not, depending on the details ;-) myself. It seems to have some of the
properties that you are looking for, although it's probably not a
perfect fit. Might still be worth a look, though:

(info "(elisp) Tabulated List Mode")

HTH

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm