Re: What does "lacks a prefix" mean?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: What does "lacks a prefix" mean?
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:26:27 +0600

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> You mention when you come back to edit code. Then you
> want to know if there are (might be) dependencies by
> looking at the let or let*. Why? I never do that, but
> look at the variables, instead. I don't think about
> variable "dependencies" ever, because I assume they
> are there because that is the normal state. I don't
> need anything to "warn" me the code is normal.

Variable dependencies start to matter a lot when you’re trying to
refactor code — e.g. to extract part of a function into a new function
of its own. In this case, variables shared by the code that stays and
the code that moves out are a source of complexity, and their number
may be a factor in deciding which refactoring the code actually wants.