Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:47:14 -0500

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> You have Conkeror ( http://conkeror.org/ ) and Vimperator (
> http://www.vimperator.org/ ) Both are keyboard-driven and configuration
> is done with plain text files.
>
> Personally I prefer Vimperator when a full-featured browser is
> unavoidable, otherwise I use eww (the integrated Emacs web browser.)

The thing I like about Emacs is it's not just a web solution.  It also
gives me mail and news, IRC, IM, a client for browsing local and remote
disks (through almost any protocol), revision control using any backend
I want, compiler/debugger integration, and it's all controlled with the
same keystrokes uniformly across all these programs.  I don't just want
a GUI web browser that has keyboard shortcuts -- I want to bring all my
machine usage under one organized lion-tamer.

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent