get Elisp reference to info files (was: Re: How can I change the default

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: get Elisp reference to info files (was: Re: How can I change the default loading buffer?)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 22:19:20 +0200

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

>> OK, so what is the method to find out (or rule of
>> thumb) what you shouldn't put directly into .emacs
>> but instead into `emacs-startup-hook'?
>
> Have a look at (info "(elisp)Startup Summary") and see
> if any of it applies to you. Check from the bottom of
> the list up.

OK!

In another thread, I asked how to automatically get
that kind of Elisp references to the info files.
I don't know if anyone replied to that, if so I missed
it, but here is a function that has proved to work in
the two cases I have tested it:

    (defun Info-get-reference ()
      (interactive)
      (let*((field (car (last (split-string Info-current-file "/"))))
            (topic Info-current-node)
            (ref   (format "(info \"(%s)%s\")" field topic) ))
        (message "Killed: %s" ref)
        (kill-new ref)) )

--
underground experts united