Re: using use-package

From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev
Subject: Re: using use-package
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:28:10 +0300

Hello Edward.

It's not about the practical problem of setting up cider and company. Its about the generic problem of which cider and company is just one example.

Req-package makes our configuration for cider depend on our configuration for company-mode. This is a working solution in practice, but to me it seems wrong from a theoretical standpoint, since it mingles too much together. The original reasoning for use-package is separating package configurations into separate forms for every single package. But cases like this create multi-package forms, since our configuration for cider also sets up some stuff for company mode. A better (theoretical) solution is to have another macro specifically for situations like this.

--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev