Re: force reparse of file variables

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: force reparse of file variables
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 05:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, 13 August 2015 18:43:37 UTC+1, Dan Espen  wrote:
> Sam Halliday <sam.halliday@gmail.com> writes:
> > Is there a way to force (re)-load all the file variables in a buffer?
> >
> > I have a template (with yasnippet) that populates files of certain
> > types and derives some file variables (such as the 'compile-command),
> > but I need to save/open to load it.
>
> Do that lots of times.
> I save the file, then revert-buffer.

Thanks Dan. That works a charm. The one problem is that it means that in my
workflow if I create a new buffer, that has a file template, then I always save
the file instead of waiting for the user to decide when to save it. If there
was a way to reload the File-Variables for an unsaved buffer, that'd be even
better.

FYI, my templating is implemented here

https://github.com/fommil/dotfiles/blob/master/.emacs.d/init.el#L222