Re: member returns list

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: member returns list
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 04:46:14 +0200

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com>
writes:

> There were a lot of variants and propositions,
> amongst all the lisp dialects.

What was the reason (were the reasons) for this
proliferation of different Lisps, the "Lisp wars"?

> Then starting from 1984, some interested
> corporations and institutes invested a lot of money
> (in form of salaries to detached employees), to form
> a standardization commitee and decide on this all
> all similar kinds of discrepancies that made porting
> lisp programs from one lisp to the other a PITA.
> They worked hard, for ten years. Then money was
> exhausted, so they finalized an ANSI Common Lisp
> standard in 1994.

And somewhere around then, the by far best language in
the world started to be completely marginalized so
that now, when I say it is the language I like the
most without competition, either people (now I talk
computer people) don't know it or are eyes wide
mouth open.

> or member* in emacs lisp since RMS doesn't want to
> rejoin the common community of lispers

What is the story about that?

--
underground experts united