Re: Obsolete signature key for mingw32 version of Emacs 24.5

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Obsolete signature key for mingw32 version of Emacs 24.5
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:14:47 -0400

Piyush Srivastava wrote:

> The signature file for the mingw32 version of emacs-24.5 (available from
> here: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/) is signed using RSA key ID
> 7E6A2A2E.  However, this key ID does not seem to be present in the
> gnu-keyring available from
>
>  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-keyring.gpg

As explained in

http://debbugs.gnu.org/20298 and 20788

nobody at Emacs can do anything about this.

The FSF sysadmins seem unable to update the gnu-keyring.gpg file despite
repeated requests by Emacs maintainers.

So I recommend you simply ignore gnu-keyring.gpg and instead verify the
signature via standard PGP keyservers.