Re: New Files and directories

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: New Files and directories
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:00:58 -0600

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 02:35:58 -0700 (PDT)
hadrien.daures@gmail.com wrote:

> I haven't used emacs for a while and I forgot how to refresh the
> directories content.
>
> When I create new files/directories, my emacs won't show them unless
> I restart it... pretty annoying... I remember I had a shortcut for
> that.

I take it you are talking about dired mode. You want "g" to refresh the
directory.

If you create a directory from within dired mode ("+") the new
directory shows up when you are done.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV