Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 21:05:25 -0600

> Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> writes:
>
>> I recently adopted Gnus as my main mail/newsreader.
>> I stopped posting when I didn't have any more major
>> questions. It may be that way with a lot of users --
>> nothing more to say once you're not having any more
>> problems. :)
>
> That is rather indicative of stagnation, lack of
> interest... It is not just new users that should do
> new stuff with the software. Not a good sign if so!

Not necessarily...  One of the things I generally like about Unix
software is that it's not always flashy, or even friendly to new users,
but once you get it working, it stays working, almost forever.  It's a
forty year old platform based on keeping things simple and hard to
break, even if that means it looks "old" to some people and it doesn't
have fad appeal.

For me, having little to say about a piece of software that's working
very well is typical of Unix software.  It just works, and there's not
much more to say.

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent