Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 23:13:27 +0100

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

> If it helps, I am not a new user, I have been using
> gnus for a few years. I have just never tried to use
> translate before, as far as I can remember.

New users aren't the most active ones in newsgroups.
How could they be? Typically they want standard things
to work and when they interact around the technology
it takes more time than with experienced users to do
whatever they do (of comparable scope).

Also with experienced users they have more breadth and
depth to their knowledge so there is more to talk
about, and they have acquired a "technology
personality" wich also may include the
communication itself.

So everyone is welcome. Remember, when you are young,
you want to be the master. When you are the master,
you want to be young...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573