Day of week + time in mode-line

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Day of week + time in mode-line
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 11:57:10 +0100

Hi!

I was looking through package-list-packages and searching the web
for a mehod to show, e.g., "Thu(rsday) 31, 13:42" in my mode-line.

Isn't this a quite common requirement for people living in Emacs?

I want to get date/time on my display even when my Emacs is in full
screen mode[1].

[1] http://emacs-doctor.com/emacs-strip-tease.html

--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are