Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 18:39:03 +1100

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> writes:

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Alexis <flexibeast@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you try running `emacs -Q`, loading aggressive-indent manually, and then check if you still observe the significant lag?

While I see aggressive-mode-indent is installed I cannot load it manually via M-x when running emacs -Q. Am I doing something wrong?

To actually load the library, you'll need to go to your *scratch* buffer in your emacs -Q session and do something like:

(load "~/.emacs.d/elpa/aggressive-indent-20160209.956/aggressive-indent-autoloads.el")

changing the 'aggressive-indent-20160209.956' part as necessary. You can then evaluate that code by positioning the cursor at the end of it (i.e. just after the closing parenthesis), then pressing C-x C-e.

You should then find `aggressive-indent-mode` is available via M-x.

(Normally the `package-initialize` function handles doing all the package loading stuff for you, but in this instance, we don't want `package-initialize` doing that, because it would load other packages, and we're trying to narrow down whether the problem is with `aggressive-indent-mode` itself, with another package, or a combination of both.)

Alexis.