Re: How to find elisp info doc for a function?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to find elisp info doc for a function?
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 02:04:33 +0100

>> For example, how can I find the elisp info doc for
>> `mapconcat' right inside emacs?
>
> Use command `info-lookup-symbol', bound by default
> to `C-h S'.
>
> But first, put the cursor in a buffer that is in
> Emacs-Lisp mode.

Either do that, or

    C-u C-h S emacs-lisp-mode RET mapconcat RET

If you (the OP) do this several times a day, you can
do something like this and bind it to a shortcut:

    (defun info-lookup-elisp-symbol (symbol)
      (interactive "Ssymbol: ")
      (info-lookup-symbol symbol 'emacs-lisp-mode))

It can be polished even further with a default to the
symbol at point, however it is only educative to have
to spell out the whole function name when you look
it up.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573