Re: Gnus Agent and From address of email

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Gnus Agent and From address of email
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:36:03 +1100

phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord) writes:

> I change the "from" address for my email a lot. One problem is that when
> using gnus agent, this does not appear to work -- that is the from field
> is set to whatever user-mail-address is configured to at the time that
> the queue is sent, NOT at the time that the email was sent (to the
> queue). This makes offline email less useful as I can only send email
> messages with one from field at a time.

Hm...  looking at the code, I can't see any place where it removes From:
headers when sending the Agent queue, but I haven't actually tested it,
so I may be missing something.

Could you try `M-x debug-on-entry RET message-send-and-exit', try to
send something, and then go to the sending buffer to see what's in that?