Re: DWIM when yanking strings with leading or trailing spaces - an idea

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: DWIM when yanking strings with leading or trailing spaces - an idea
Date: 4 Mar 2016 09:45:11 GMT

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> In one case, it's easy: I have a function which inserts a dash, killing
> any other punctuation in that place, and if region is active, it
> surrounds it with dashes.  /Extremely/ useful.  Also, this:
> http://mbork.pl/2015-10-31_Smart_comma_and_other_punctuation .

Nice.

For me, though, this:

,----
| And now that I have this, I think I could do a similar thing with C-t,
| so that it transposes two chars before the point (as opposed as two
| chars around the point) if there is a space before the point.
`----

would be a bad idea, because I often use `transpose-chars' to correct
things like "th emistake". Which I unfortunately type quite often...

>> Anyway, my opinion shouldn't stop you from creating such a package, of
>> course. I mean, it bugs you, so that should be enough of a reason,
>>
>> right? ;-)
>
> Yes and no.  It's on the limit of the "automation horizon" (see
> https://xkcd.com/1205/) ;-)

So you basically posted your question looking for an excuse to do some
coding? ;-)

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)