under termianl emacs, how to start a process and make it believe it's ru

From: Shiyao Ma
Subject: under termianl emacs, how to start a process and make it believe it's running inside a termial?
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 21:46:05 +0800

Hi,

I am running emacs in a terminal.

I want to invoke the ranger program, which is a tui file manager,  inside
emacs.

basically, I am translating the following file into elisp.
https://github.com/hut/ranger/blob/master/examples/vim_file_chooser.vim#L10

The problem I am facing is, when I do a:
(call-process "/usr/bin/ranger")

ranger thinks it's not running inside terminal, and exited directly.

So, my question is, how to make ranger believe it's actually inside a
terminal?

Regards.

--

吾輩は猫である。ホームーページはhttps://introo.me <http://introo.me>。