RE: How to evaluate a function when a defcustom variable is either set o

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to evaluate a function when a defcustom variable is either set or saved?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 21:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

> After the set or save occurs, I would like to evaluate a function.
> The goal of the function is to calculate some runtime values that
> need to be re-calculated every time that the variable is changed.

If you mean every time it is changed using the Customize UI or equivalent
(`custom*' functions), then just use a :set (and possibly an :initialize)
keyword in your defcustom.

See the Elisp  manual, node `Variable Definitions',

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Variable-Definitions.html