Incremental search of a package

From: egarrulo
Subject: Incremental search of a package
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 18:42:17 +0200

To search for a package in the "*Packages*" buffer after M-x package-show-package-list, I am currently using regular expressions like this:

1. I start an incremental regexp search;
2. I enter the string "^ " (without quotes) because each line starts with two spaces followed by the package name;
3. I start to type the name of the package.

Is there a more straightforward way? If not, is it possible to write a command that performs the steps 1 and 2, so that you only need to start typing the name of the package?

Thank you.