Re: make ps-print-buffer-with-faces all bold

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: make ps-print-buffer-with-faces all bold
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 15:06:04 +0200

myglc2 wrote:

> I alway want emacs printout in color but find
> the 'normal' faces frustratingly unreadable,
> especially in low contrast colors. So... Here
> is how to make everything bold in
> ps-print-buffer-with-faces, etc.
>
> ;; ps-print in all bold fonts
> (ps-extend-face-list
>  (mapcar (function  (lambda (x) (list x
>                                     (face-attribute x :foreground)
>                                     (face-attribute x :background)
>                                     'bold)))
>        (face-list)) 'MERGE)

Cool, but perhaps you should change the "low
contrast colors" instead? Or do they look good
on the screen, only not so when printed?

In what context should one use the code? I.e.,
do you run it once or every time you print?

And: I don't think you need `function' before
`lambda'.

Last, aren't there other attributes than
foreground and background? Perhaps you can find
a function that returns the whole thing, and
then just set it to bold?

Otherwise keep it up...

                   - so far: 58 Blogomatic articles -