Re: make ps-print-buffer-with-faces all bold

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: make ps-print-buffer-with-faces all bold
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:08:06 -0400

> myglc2 wrote:
>
>>> Last, aren't there other attributes than
>>> foreground and background? Perhaps you can
>>> find a function that returns the whole
>>> thing, and then just set it to bold?
>>
>> The ps-print.el public interface requires
>> this custom structure.
>
> OK, because if you use `describe-function' you
> get a whole lot of stuff!
>
> But perhaps PostScript in this case (?) only
> uses what you mention?

Restating the function under discussion for handy reference ...

;; ps-print in all bold fonts
(ps-extend-face-list
 (mapcar (function  (lambda (x) (list x
                                      (face-attribute x :foreground)
                                      (face-attribute x :background)
                                      'bold)))
         (face-list)) 'MERGE)

OK I think I missed your earlier point. Yes, you can specify additional
attributes, to the extent that ps-print supports them, using the
'ps-extend-face-list' interface.

The reason I specify the colors is that with nil or t for foreground and
background, ps-print prints in B&W. So this function re-states the
colors that ps-print already knows about in order to bold the faces w/o
clobbering the color.  HTH - George