Re: how to set button action

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: how to set button action
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:03:03 +0200

Stefan Huchler <stefan.huchler@mail.de> writes:

> yes that helped me, a small followup question, if I dont use lamba and
> instead a function, can I define a parameter to that function?

You mean a named function (a lambda is a function).  Yes, you can do
that.  I suggest to have a look how some Emacs package do that,
e.g. package.el (look at `package-menu--print-info-simple' and the
action function `package-menu-describe-package'.  Seems the action
function should accept a button as argument.

> It uses a marker object anyway, or can I access the id inside that
> function? I have a list and need to know which element got selected.

Seems you can either put a property on the button and refer to the
property value in the action function via `button-get', or just use
`tabulated-list-get-id' to get the ID.

HTH,

Michael.