help with epg and gnus

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: help with epg and gnus
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 12:59:24 -0800

Someone sent me a GPG-encrypted email! Amazing.

Of course, now I'm having trouble responding. I've never actually had to
do this before...

I compose my message in message-mode, and hit "C-c C-m c p" for
`mml-secure-message-encrypt-pgpmime'. That inserts the tags. When I hit
"C-c RET P" for `mml-preview', it shows me my mail message with a
[[PGP Encrypted Part:Failed]] notice, and no message body.

I originally thought that it was a trust issue. When I used
`epa-encrypt-region' with this key, it asked me if I really wanted to
use an untrusted key. I figured the mml tags thing was just choking on
the prompt. Also, if I encrypted an email to my own address, the preview
worked correctly -- must be a trust thing.

I figured that locally signing the public key in question would be the
least-unsafe way of handling this. I locally signed it, and now
epa-encrypt-region no longer prompts me when encrypting the region to
the key. The mml tags still fail, though.

I temporarily set the trust of the key to ultimate, same result.

So: maybe not a trust thing after all, but I can't guess what it is. mml
doesn't say any more, and the code made my head hurt.

Does anyone have experience using this?

Thanks,
Eric