Re: How to apply (multi file) patches conveniently

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How to apply (multi file) patches conveniently
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 21:42:22 +0100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> > Ok thanks, then for now, I'll use a little command that is doing that
> > for me (funnily it seems to be impossible to type M-| with a German
> > keyboard [...]
>
> FWIW it works for me, pc104, german layout, more precisely:
>
>   tomas@rasputin:~$ setxkbmap -print
>   xkb_keymap {
>           xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)"       };
>           xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
>           xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
>           xkb_symbols   { include
> "pc+de(legacy)+gr:2+altwin(alt_super_win)+group(shifts_toggle)+compose(caps)+terminate(ctrl_alt_bksp)"
>    };
>           xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc104)"     };
>   };

I have this:

micha@drachen ~> setxkbmap -print
xkb_keymap {
        xkb_keycodes  { include "evdev+aliases(qwerty)" };
        xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
        xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
        xkb_symbols   { include "pc+us+inet(evdev)"     };
        xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc104)"     };
};

> (I have some funky mappings, like CapsLock to compose, both shifts
> simultaneously change to Greek, but that shouldn't influence that.
> Meta is left alt)

I thought that in this case it would depend on the keyboard matrix, as
described here:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)#Ghosting

In xev, when I hold down left alt and AltGr and hit <, I see no event
generated.  Maybe you just have the better keyboard?

Michael.