Re: Emacs IDE

From: chaouche yacine
Subject: Re: Emacs IDE
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:39:43 +0000 (UTC)

Krishnakant,

I believe yasnippet has some valuable html templates that you could use. But
you can also use other tools, see :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBhQ2NIcrLQ

-- Yassine.

On Monday, March 6, 2017 9:04 AM, Krishnakant <krmane@openmailbox.org> wrote:

On Monday 06 March 2017 07:10 AM, Kendall Shaw wrote:
> On 03/03/2017 05:06 PM, Ahmed Sorour wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've recently been working more extensively with various coding
>> languages,
>> and have developed a need to use IDEs.
>>
>> Is it possible to configure Emacs to act as a complete replacement for:
>>
>> - Atom or Sublime (for Python)
>> - IntelliJ IDEA (for Java)
>>
>> Aside from project management, I'm also interested in a setup where I
>> can
>> call Emacs to launch with one configuration when working with Java, and
>> another configuration when working with Python, etc.
>>

> For java a couple of interesting packages are ensime which is really
> for scala but it works for java. And emacs-eclim which is more like
> integrating eclipse into emacs than the other way around.
>
> The way I work is I use the ide and emacs at the same time. For
> debugging and some other activities and very minor editing, I use the
> ide (eclipse or intellij idea). As soon as I have to do significant
> editing, my hands go on strike and say I'm not going to type one more
> line and I'm forced to switch back to emacs.
>

> Kendall
My only concern right now with Emacs is web develoopment.
Html tags just don't get completed automatically and ther is no auto
completion triggering as I type.
I have to press a keystroke every time I type some thing and get the
auto completion done using company-web-html for all that work.
But programming in Python with Emacs is bliss.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.