org-forward-sentence moving by paragraphs, not sentences?

From: Roland Tarver
Subject: org-forward-sentence moving by paragraphs, not sentences?
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:50:34 +0000

Hello All!

First post here :-)  Fairly new to emacs - please be gentle with me! haha.

I am using org-mode (which is just amazing!) and I seem to be having trouble with moving forward and backward by sentences.

The M-e key is bound to org-forward-sentence and the M-a key is bound to org-backward-sentence. However, when I press these keys the point moves backward or forward by paragraph, not by sentence.

In an effort to exclude incorrect key bindings, I have run the functions using M-x org-forward-sentence and M-x org-backward-sentence. This has the same result - moves by paragraphs only.

These results have occurred in the org file that I am working with at present. Interestingly, M-e and M-a work as they should whilst moving through the online tutorial (C-h t). The tutorial buffer opens in fundamental mode. I have opened my org file in fundamental too - still the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Roly :-)