Re: Overwriting built-in packages

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: Overwriting built-in packages
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 09:45:54 -0400

Hi Nathan,

On 03/21/2017 08:41 PM, Nathan Van Ymeren wrote:
Hello all,

I've been searching and reading documentation for about 2 hours now, and
haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

I'm running Debian, which ships GNU Emacs with org-mode 8.2.10 and I would
like to overwrite this builtin package with a newer version (from melpa or
whichever repository).  What is the simplest, most correct way to do this?

Please help!

See http://orgmode.org/ as afa as downloading and installation instructions. As far as I know, you do not overwrite the builtin package rather you set the load path to the newer version in your init.el file so as to a void a mixed installation.

Charlie Millar